Identity management in government is a very important topic as it crosses a number of domains. There are a number of issues as government’s across the world pursue e-Government initiatives. Norway is a great example as they have launched a portal to allow citizens to opt into services that they wish to consume from the government (e.g. postal, doctor, etc.). The government portal in Norway uses OpenSSO. This is only one of the ways in which Sun is helping governments further information sharing and reduce the cost of providing citizens and organizations the services they need to be successful.
If you are interested in hearing more about the different way’s Sun can help governments help solve Identity Management issues such as the following, please attend the following webinar.
- Secure control over information access by dynamic and diverse user populations
- Single sign-on and identity federation for seamless operations across multiple IT environments
- Automated provisioning and deprovisioning to reduce costs
- Delegrated and self-service account management to improve the user experience
- Auditing and reporting to meet internal security and compliance requirements